- Bring the items free of charge at our pharmacy.
- Send them by post or via your Mondial Relay point. Ask for a proof of return (numbered label) and keep it preciously. Send to:
Exceptions to right of withdrawal
In accordance with the current legislation of the Code of Economic Law (Art. VI.53 §4 and 5) and the Royal Decree of 21 January 2009 (Art.29 §6) giving instructions to pharmacists, the Buyer may not exercise the right of withdrawal on:
- The supply of products liable to deteriorate or to expire rapidly (eg baby milk) (Article VI.53 §4 of CEL);
- The supply of sealed products that cannot be returned for reasons related to the protection of health or hygiene and that have been unsealed by the Buyer after delivery (Art VI.53 §5 of CEL);
- The supply of medicines and medical devices except in case of defect or if the withdrawal decision is explicitly communicated before the sending (RD. 21/09/2009 Art.29 §6).
Useful information and frequently asked questions
- Non-compliance with local laws and directives is at the buyer's risk and is the responsibility of the buyer.
- Delivery times are estimates given as an indication for any order placed before 12:00 pm. We cannot guarantee them for 100%.
- We do our best to deliver the items you ordered in one go. However, some items that are out of stock may be shipped to you within a longer period. You will then be informed.
- What happens if no one is present at delivery?
- Is it possible to have my order delivered to someone other than me?
- What should I do if my package is damaged or opened?
- What should I do if my product is damaged?
If you accept a package which products are damaged, please keep always the package (packaging and damaged products) and take preferably photographs attesting the damage. Contact us by describing the problem and send us the pictures if you have taken some.
- How do I track my order in real time?