Xylocaine 2% Gel (in tube) is a local anesthetic (anaesthetic of the amide group).
Xylocaine 2% Gel (in tube) is indicated, in adults and children of all ages, when one wishes to obtain effective anesthesia, deep and long-lasting of the urethra:
- introduction of a small tube (catheter),
- review by way of a probe (mining survey),
- internal examination of the urethra and bladder (cystoscopy).
Xylocaine 2% Gel (in tube) is also indicated, in adults and children of all ages, as an anesthetic superficial (anaesthetic surface) and lubricant for:
- Nasal cavities and throat during the visual examinations of lestomac (gastroscopy) or respiratory tract (bronchoscopy),
- Internal examination of the anus (proctoscopie) and/or from the interior of the extremity of the bowel (proctoscopy),
- During the introduction of a breathing tube (tracheal intubation).
- The active substance is lidocaine hydrochloride. 1 gram of gel contains 20 mg of lidocaine hydrochloride anhydrous.
- The other ingredients are hypromellose 2910, méthylparahydroxybenzoate, propylparahydroxybenzoate, sodium hydroxide/hydrochloric acid, purified water.