Alleophta unidosis is used to relieve and treat allergies of the eye in the adult and the child.
There are two types of allergies of the eye :
\" allergic conjunctivitis perennial \", which may occur at any time of the year
\"hay fever\" or \" seasonal allergic conjunctivitis \", which may occur at different seasons and is caused by different pollens.
Signs of allergy include itching, tearing, redness, or inflammation of the eyes and swelling of the eyelids
The active substance is the cromoglicate sodium. Each single-dose container contains 20 mg/ml of cromoglicate sodium.
The other ingredients are sodium chloride and purified water.
This medication is intended for use in the eyes only (way eye).
Do not swallow it.
- Wash your hands first.
- Detach a single-dose container from the strip.
- Open the container by bending or folding the tab ; use it as soon as you have opened it.
- Lean your head back.
- Pull down your lower eyelid.
- Press 1 or 2 drops to the inside of the eyelid, without touching your eye with the container.
- Close your eye.
- Wipe up any liquid around the eye with a clean tissue.
Then do the same thing to put the drops in the other eye.
After use, discard the container and any remaining drug ; do not use it again.
Contact lens wearers :
As with most topical medication for the eyes if you wear contact lenses, you must remove them before using Alleophta unidosis. After using this product, you must wait 15 minutes before putting your contact lenses.